How old was your child when she/he had their first haircut?

Please specify if it was a boy or girl and the length of their hair before the haircut :-)

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 11:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Boy and he was about 3 months old. He had a "tail" tha went to his nose from his forehead and it drove me crazy so I cut it off. His first real haricut was at about 18 months old.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Boy and he was just shy or 2. And his hair wasn't too long, it was just starting to curl at the ends in the back so I thought it needed cut. He still doesn't have much hair and he is 4, lol.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• boy and he got his cut at 11 months. it was down to his lips in the front and NEEDED to be cut lol
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 11:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Mine is 19 months old now and he has a little tail in the back. I'm fixin to whack it off. lol He was a bald headed baby and he still doesn't have alot of hair. lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Boy and he was about 3 months. I don't know exactly how long it was, but he had a tail and his curls were long enough to make him look like a girl. We cut it super short and that summer, about 3 months later, it had to be buzzed again.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My daughter was 4yrs old and she donated 16 inches of hair to locks of love and they only cut it to her shoulders...my son was 9 months and it wasn't very long, but I like to keep his hair short
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 11:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• my daughter was about 2 years old before i just trimmed up the ends and did her bangs. her hair grows sooo slow. right now she is 3 and when i straighten it, it only goes an inch past her shoulders.
    my second daughter is 2 months old and i'll probably trim up her bangs in the next few weeks. it's already 2 1/2-3 inches long.

my nephew had his first hair cut when he was young too, he was 6-7 months when he had his first hair cut.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• but his mom likes it longer, so really i would gave had it cut by 3 months.
    xxhazeldovexx

• my son was 6 months.....his hair was curly and down to his shoulders , my daughter was 2 and it was down to her waist ( our hair grows very fast)
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 7:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Almost a year old. He had so much hair we had to cut it. He actually enjoyd it too, he just sat there with a small grin on his face and chilled while she cut his hair. :)
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 11:36 AM on Mar. 1, 2011