Silly question

I buy a lot of the store brand diapers and the few times I can I buy the brand name. When I do I somehow feel really better about my situation. lol Like some how these diapers are a status statement.

Does anyone else know what I mean or been through that?

I know silly.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• sure but i like luvs or parents choice wal mart i dont like target brand too saggy
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 11:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I remember the first time I was able to buy a box of Pampers for my daughter. I was like, Yeah look at me, I can afford name brand! :-D
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Honestly, I think some of the store brand work better than name brand. I use what works and really don't pay attention to the fact that it is brand name or store brand.
    NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 11:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• :) yeah you know what? I jst tried the Walgreen's brand and they are good...well for my son they were good :) They had a good deal buy on get one free PLUS I hada $2 coupon of Walgreen brand diapers :D I was excited lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• feel good Iam not the only out there that has felt that *hugs*
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I used to be one of those mothers who felt guilty if I put my kids in store brand diapers. I was an idiot, and now I think it's so dumb that people will pay out their butts for those diapers when the store brand work equal to if not BETTER than Huggies. I can't tell you how many times my kids have woken up in huggies and have had those gel pieces in the diapers ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    We use parents choice and members mark (sam's club...we LOVE them) now. We save a ton and can use that money other places like clothing and other necessities.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Smetimes when I startto feel down I remind myself that is all goes in the trash anway lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I've always used Huggies and they work great. We buy ours at Costco, so we're not "Paying out our butts." Parent's choice are awful...especially their wipes, they shred as soon as you tug on them. We bought them once and learned our lesson. The Costco generic brand Kirkland's has a decent diaper, but when it comes down to it..they're about the same price per diaper as Huggies, so we just buy the Huggies. People make the mistake of buying small packs....it's always cheaper to buy in bulk.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• yes it is better to buy in bluk but sometimes I don't have $40 so I gotta make it work. The Walmart brand has the best price but the diapers feel super paper thin now. I dontknow whats up with that.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Do like I do. I buy name brand with a coupon and I keep those in the diaper bag for show. At home we use the store brand. I do that with other things too. I keep Charmin in the guest bathroom but Angel Soft in our personal bathrooms. I have a Dawn dish washing liquid container on the kitchen sick but it's filled with Joy. The Soft Soap pump in the bathrooms is filled with dollar store shampoo. No one is none the wiser.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2011