Car help! (Large SUV's)

We are looking to buy another SUV next year and I am trying to look at all my options. We have a Dodge Durango. We have three kids and are working on a 4th. Anyone own a Yukon XL, Suburban, Excusrion, etc?

I car that has two rows of seats in the back and then room to store stuff behind the seats. My Durango has very little storage space.

Any thoughts, advice, etc. would be awesome! Thank you!

NickLukeandEmma

Asked by NickLukeandEmma at 11:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have a Nissan Armada and absolutely love it. It has tons of room and Nissan quality. Sadly though mine only gets about 12/14 mpg. Mine is a 4wd so a 2 wd will get better gas mileage.

I just sold an 01 Yukon XL for a friend of mine. It was his wifes. It was loaded up, it had every option except 4wd and it got 19 mpg. He bought his wife a newer one identical to it except it was a different color.

Excursion- try for the 7.3 diesel motor (the other diesel motors have issues). We are actually buying an Excursion this Friday with the good diesel motor in it for resell. Although DH is trying really hard to figure out how to keep it. I just don't care for the way the Expeditions drive. We had a gorgeous Eddie Bauer green and tan one that we sold a month ago. It was beautiful, but I just didn't like the way it drove.

Take a look at the Toyota Sequoia's. I looked at the Sequoia and liked it but the interior was bland.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Mom of 5 kids and a Golden Retriever here...we just bought a Ford Explorer...has a 3rd row seat that folds down for storage and is 4 wheel drive. Roomy we love it! Beats the crap outa the Mecury Villager van I had before.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• have you thought of a Toyota Highlander! Most of them are made right in Indiana!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Highlander won't be big enough. My sister has one and she only has 2 children. In order for them to go on any LONG trip, the back seats have to be folded down for cargo space.

If you are looking used, you will find plenty of Suburbans and Yukons. The Excursions will be hard to find since they are no longer made and were only made for a short while.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I will look into a Highlander. I am honestly not that picky, I just want something that will hold my kids and hold groceries. Lol.
    NickLukeandEmma

Comment by NickLukeandEmma (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I own an old Chevy Venture and I love it. I don't think they make those anymore but if I ever can afford to buy another car, I will go for something like that. It is so roomy, mine is for up to 7 people and the back(storage) is great. I love my old van as you can probably tell. Good luck shopping.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Go Toyota ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2011