Has your child been bullied at school?

You hear so much of it in the news these days about children being bullied. In my area we have seen stories about how parents went through all the proper channels at school and nothing happen until the parents took matters into their hands and the media as well as the police had to get involved. A very sad situation and our children are the ones paying the price in all of this.

Onmyown2727

Asked by Onmyown2727 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do have two children 8 boy and 14 girl that have been bullied. It sucks I took so many measure with the school and my children I don't think that they were taking it so serious. Mad me very angry! And then also sadly to say I have a 16yr boy bully. That Sucks for the other children that are and aren't mine. I don't know what to do and how to control him. I have went to the school and begged and asked for help to help him stop and nothing, I got nothing, they did nothing. the police do nothing. I do not agree with him and what he is doing to other children and in my studies with him he has self esteem issues that I can not help or change or help me change only he can do it. That sucks even more.
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 1:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yes. my oldest came home sad they got swing sets at school one of her favorite things. and these other girls told her no you cannot use one and it was empty. she was so quiet we knew something was bothering her. then she has been bullied on the bus to. the school has a anti bullying policy but it seems they turn a blind eye when they are told it is going on.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes. My six year old was. Luckily his teacher caught on real quick and the other parents were met with. It has been better since. It is so sad that kids are so veru cruel to one another.
    NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 12:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Not that I know of. My oldest has been teased a bit (nothing really mean) but I don't consider that bullying. They are in 2nd, 3rd and 5th grades and are pretty much friends with everyone in their classes or at least on good terms.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Our school has a no bullying policy so if any of the children feel even the slightest bit threatened they can go to any teacher or their principal and they deal with it right away
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• YES!! It got so bad that the principal had to get involved as well as the school counselor plus the other parents & the bus driver too!!

girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011