Transitioning to a toddler bed.

It's been so long since I had to do this with my son so I'm a bit Rusty. Tonight is my daughter's first night in her toddler bed.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks that helped easing your toddler into their big girl/boy bed?

Her bed is in exactly the same spot, with the same bedding and mattress and everything. I have one of those convertible cribs so the front panel came off and I put the toddler rails on.
I had her in her room with me when I changed her crib to a bed and she was really excited about it.

Obviously she got up several times before finally falling asleep. I wasn't expecting her to be a pro right off the bat. Just thought I'd see what everyone else did to make the change with their kids.

Laila-May

Asked by Laila-May at 12:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ah, that's such a fun time! It's sounds like your doing good with it, with my daughter I just made a huge deal out of her "big girl" bed. I also had the same type of crib so at first I basically left it with her regular "baby" bedding. It worked for a night or two, but she then changed her mind & didn't like it. After a suggestion from my mom, I ended up taking her to the store and allowed her to pick out her own "big girl" bedding and she's loved it ever since!
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 4:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I realy wish I could help but i got lucky my son went stright to it at 11months and then to a full twin bed at about 18months and took to them like a fish to water!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2011