My 1 month old is congested, what can i do?

He has a really stuffy nose, starting to cough, and i have been using his nasal bulb. What else can i do to get the congestion to ease up?

RJsmama12611

Asked by RJsmama12611 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a humidifier?

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 12:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If nothing else seems to be working. Try sleeping with your back propped up and lay the baby on your chest. This might make it easier for the baby to breath. They have a baby vicks rub they sell. I don't know the lowest age it can be used but it is worth a try as well.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 12:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• A nice warm bath always helped my little man when he was congested. A humidifier is a great idea too.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:25 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think saline spray is ok for baby's that small, not 100% sure though, but you could look it up. They hate it and will scream but afterwards it always seemed to temporarily relieve my son from being stopped up.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Also they have this vicks liquid stuff you can put in a humidifier and it helps too
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If you have a humidifier that helps, I got one when my son was first born because he sounded a little stuffy too and his doctor suggested I get a humidifier and they have nasal drops you can put in their nose to loosen mucus then you suck it out with the nasal bulb
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Try the Vicks Plug ins. They helped my son tremendously!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Saline spray, breast milk in the nose, sit in a very steamy bathroom for a little bit, elevate the head of sleeping surface. Check in with the doc because of the young age, and to see if it's mucus that's stuffing her up, or if it's nasal/sinus inflammation.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• sit in the steamy bathroom with him
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 8:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• He has been running a fever so we went in to get checked, may be RSV we are waiting for the test to come back, thanks everyone for the feed back!
    RJsmama12611

Comment by RJsmama12611 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011