Side effect to having gallbladder removed?

I had my gallbladder removed on September 23rd of this year. I have felt great other than now I feel nauseated all the time, and have constant intestinal cramping. I get occasional diarrhea but its not too bad. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced these things after having their gallbladder removed. I have other family members who have had theirs removed and they haven’t noticed anything different. I am calling the doctor tomorrow but wanted to see what you ladies have experienced with this too. Thanks.

YoungMomtoGirls

Asked by YoungMomtoGirls at 5:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Health

• I had mine removed after my first son. It has affected me the same way. I cannot eat some of my favorite foods (corn, sausage, green peas) or anything greasy. I get stomach cramps and then diarrhea. I also know some people that it did not affect at all. Good Luck. Your doctor may be able to give youa prescription to help with the cramping and diarrhea.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my mom and sister have the same symptoms if they are not hyper careful about fatty/greasy foods or extra spicy foods. The bile from the gallbladder aids in digestion of the fats. At the health food store someone told them about Papaya Enzyme tablets. They take those now with meals that could be a problem and their symptoms have disappearred. Something to talk to you Dr about anyway.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• It's been more than 10 years since I had mine out and although it has gotten much much better, I still have these same issues with some foods. It was pretty bad the first year, but over time my body seems to have learned how to process these foods again. Good luck!
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 5:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• That is very common. Digestive enzymes will help!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2008