how reliable is a blood test 8 days before a missed period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• probably pretty reliable... as far as I know if a blood test is wrong, it's a fluke since it measures the HcG levels.... I got a positive blood test a week before I was late...
    dance_chica

Answer by dance_chica at 8:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I worked in a lab and I draw blood I can tell you right now the HCG level in your blood is the only thing that can tell you if you are pregnant or not, a home test is too early but usually doctors want you to have a missed period before they test you
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 8:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Very reliable. From the moment you are pregnant your hcg, estorgen, progesterone levels rise.My reproductive endocronolgist acutually was able to tell that I was only 3 days pregnant my first blood test.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Pretty reliable now a days!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2008