ROSEOLA

My daughter had a mild cold/cough/fever last week. She bounced right back quickly, within a few days. Then last night I was changing her diaper and I noticed this rash all over her body. I was freaking out all night.... Couldn't wait to call my pediatrician today. So, I get her in there and he diagnosed her with Roseola. He said there was not much I could do, just let it run it course and it sometimes happens after a high fever!!?? Anybody else's kids have this?? I'm such a worry wart. She seems fine... She has no fever but this rash looks awful. Its only on her neck, back, and stomach. I have googled it like crazy.

AshellG27

Asked by AshellG27 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• My son got that when he was a baby. He had a rash too and from what I can remember my doctor said the same thing. It ended up clearing up after a couple of days. I'm sure she will be fine, don't worry unless a few days go by and it gets worse or doesn't start to clear up or if she continues to have fevers for days.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It is super common. Most children have had it to some degree. I vaguely remember my oldest son having faint spots for a day or so, but it wasn't dramatic. A couple of years ago, my youngest got it and I freaked out a bit because he was completely covered with spots. It was so different! It did go away just fine, and the spots never seemed to bother him. What's weird is that he got it again about two years later and it looked just as bad, but again the spots didn't bother him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My daughter had this she had high fever then the rsdh I think it lasted a couple days then wenr away. Wasnt bad for her. But after the the rash left bumps all over her just skin color
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My youngest son had this last year actually. He was having cough, fever, all of the symptoms you stated in the beginning in your post for days. I couldn't figure out a way to get it cleared up with all that I tried, so I took him in. His pediatrician said it had to be a viral cold or a virus of somesort because if I brought him in with a rash he would be easily diagnosed with Roseola. Well, I took him home disagnosed with a virus of somesort. Within 24 hours he broke out head to toe completely in the rash really bad. That's when things got hard because he wouldn't stay calm whatsoever no matter how much I tried to comfort him or stop the itching. He itched so bad he would throw himself on the floors and slither himself against the carpet. He would scream loudly constantly in pain and discomfort and nothing soothed him. I gave him an oatmeal bath finally to see if that would work as a last resort and it seems to work alittle
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• but the a few minutes after being out of the oatmeal bath he got crazy acting all over again. flailing ever which way, screaming, crying. I then thought of trying oatmeal lotion of some sort by Aveeno. It would work for a little bit to ease the itching, but it didn't help with his screaming and crying loudly to the top of his lungs. Each child is different and their tolerance of pain and discomfort varies, so your child might not be the same way mine was. I'm so glad it's over and hopefully he never gets it again.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2011