Should I be worried and call my doctor?

I recently found out I am having another boy. I have pretty much done everything I could to convince myself it was wrong including having others look at the US pics. I am really upset and I am not sure if thats really normal. I have never been upset by the gender before. I have 1 girl and 2 boys and we REALLY wanted our last one to be a girl. Its been a week and I still cry. I know I will be happy with my baby no matter what but right now I am really upset and it bothers me as to why I am. I couldnt bring myself to register for anything boy and my husband told me he is still convinced its a girl. Unless there is another baby hiding in there somewhere its a boy. He wont even talk to me about it. We got our name list down to 5 names and he wont go past there and he wont agree on anything. I say I like a name a certain way and he doesnt. I want to call a certain name something and he doesnt. I dont like the name he likes and he hates every other name on the list. Ever since we found out all he does is sit and play video games until 1 in the morning. He used to talk to my belly every night and now he wont even touch it. I dont know if its really the gender thats upsetting me or how my husband is reacting to it. My daughter is his step daughter and he has always treated her like his own but I really think he wanted his own little girl.

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The way he is reacting really isn't helping. I am pregnant and really wanted it to be a girl but it's a boy and I thought I would be more disappointed than I was when I found out. Now I'm excited and thought of the ups of it being a boy. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about your feelings, never hurts and it might help to just talk to someone about it other than your husband. As for him he really should be more supportive, you have more of a reason to be upset because you are pregnant and emotional right now.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Awww. Well he needs to grow up a little bit and notice how upset you are. It isn't just about his feelings. You both need to sit down and try to talk it out. Good luck! Congratulations on growing a cute new boy in your belly!
    NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 12:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Good Luck! He needs to be considerate of your feelings.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2011