Did your child use a paci?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 12:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Only my middle child really used one. He used it until he was about 9 months old and he didn't want them anymore.
    NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 1:00 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Oh gosh yes till she was about one and a half. I know bad on her teeth.... one day at walmart she lost it and SO said no more. it took her a little to get her settled that is was gone. But shes fine now
    inezsmomma

Answer by inezsmomma at 1:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Nope, my son wanted nothing to do with it!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes, my Son used a paci from Birth (the nurses just went ahead and shoved it in His mouth without asking, ugh) until shortly after His 2nd Birthday. I took it when He woke up one morning, He asked for it once, and never asked again. He is THE best Kid. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yes. my dd had it until she was 1 1/2 and my mom had just moved and we said that the puppies next door to nana and papa's house ate all her paci's. she asked for one maybe 3 times and that was it
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yes ...& my daughter is just turned 3 and still has it at night. PLEASE no bashing me for my child taking a paci. Just took her to the dentist and doctor and was told it is better for her to get rid of it her self & it absolutely does not hurt their teeth until they are 4 yrs old. I looked it up also . I'm not sure why some people are so angry at the moms who's kids take pacis ? It does not mean u are a lazy parents. Some kids have blankets they carry around, some dolls for comfort. Some pacifiers. I'm letting her throw it away when she is done with it. My sisters son told her when he was done with his .

bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• no they gave them to them in the hospital but once we got them home both boys threw them across the room or dropped them behind the crib, so I never had to worry about breaking them either
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My 1st and 4th took pacis and I loved it. The pacis were really good at helping them soothe themselves and I wish my other 3 had taken them as well. Plus it reduced SIDS! I never had an issue breaking them - my first we went cold turkey at 2 and only had one night of crying, my 4th lost interest in his around 20 months.

Answer by missanc at 9:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My oldest did, and my younger child did not.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Bubbaelea, no bashing from me, as my DD, Alexandria, used hers in bed, until she was almost 4.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011