Husband is so hard to wake up in the morning

I have to tell him for 30 mins to an hour every morrning to get up. He wakes up but goes back to sleep. We fight horribly bc of this and I don't know how to get it in his head that hen he wakes up he just needs to get u!! Help me! Ahhh

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Set several alarm clocks that are all 5 mins apart.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I find that an alarm clock ACROSS the room works well....the noise doesn't go off until they get up and turn it off...lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 1:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Why is it your responsibility to wake him up? If it were me, I would let him keep sleeping and deal with the consequences. It seems like you might be enabling this behavior by taking on more of a Mommy role than Wife...IMHO
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 1:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• ugh...i know how u feel my husband set his alarm twice but iam usually hearing it first ...iam at a point where i wake up before the stupid thing goes on....and its one that just keeps on getting louder until you cut it off..;0(
    mollysmom212

Answer by mollysmom212 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I sympathise ......with him ! I hate getting up in the mornings too !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• is there something that may wake him up? Honestly if my husband talks to me I will not be rude and fall back asleep so, when he wants me up he brings me a cup of coffee and starts to talk about our day or tells me a funny story from his work that week, it does the trick.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Sleep in a different room and set the alarm on the other side of the room and just let it go. If he doesn't get up its not your fault. Tell him before going to bed that you're done dealing with him being a jerk over it and that he's a grown man who should be able to get himself up. You're his wife not his mother. If he complains you don't sleep next to him anymore, tell him its his problem to fix now, and you'll come back when he's addressed it. Another option is this clock that looks like the old toy called a 'bumble-ball'. It rotates, therefor moving the snooze button, as different voices yell at you. Also there are alarms that you have to input random numbers or solve math problems before it goes off.
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 3:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• my husband is the same way he hits the snooze bar at least twice and I have to go and say you have so many minutes before you are going to be late...sometimes his answer is "I don't care" and I tell him be thankful you have a job to go to every day.  I don't I think it is a guy think because I am up between 5 and 5:30 every morning and have no problem getting up.

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thanks y'all i tell him all the time that its not my responsibility to get him up. I don't care to wake him up but t does no good. He will lay there til he is ready to get up. But he says "u married me and knew I was like this so yes it is your resonsibility"! Also I threaten to sleep in a different room and let him get up on his own but I'm scared he really will be late and we can't afford for him to lose his job! Its very annoying. I think its just bc he know I will make sure he gets up so I think I'm gonna sleep somewhere else tonight and go in there at the last minute and make sure he's up! Also we have two cell phones as his alarm clock and one of them he has to get up and turn off but he lays back down :/ THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS!! they really make me feel better about me thinkin its not my responsibility (:
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I wish I could help you, I can't wake my hubby up either, it is like WW3
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011