Night time toilet training.

My 4 year old son has been potty trained for a long time now, except for bedtime.
He wears a pull up to bed because he pees every single night.

How old were your LO's when they had dry nights or got up throughout the night to pee in the toilet?

What are some tips you can give me to get my son out of pull ups at bed time and not having nightly accidents?

Laila-May

Asked by Laila-May at 2:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My ds was a little over 3 when he became fully potty-trained.Adhonestly, I never had to night train him. He learned day/night training at the same time. What we did was restricted liquids a few hours before bed. We had him pee right before bed and we had him pee first thing in the morning. Never had a problem. Some kids though can't control it well at night because the signal in their brains that tells them to wake up and pee isn't fully developed.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Honestly my daughter was so easy. I never had to night train her she had one accident at night at 2 1/2 and it just never happened again.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 6:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Both my kids potty trained late. My son was 3 but my daughter didn't night train until 6th grade. I took her to a urologist when she was in kindergarten. It turned out she had a spastic bladder. She is now 14 and still has occasional accidents. She is also lazy and waits for the last second and there is nothing I can do about it.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2011