Ladies, please help! I just found a bottle of empty whiskey in the garage.

He has been lying to me saying that he hasn;t been drinking. Or just had a beer. He is sleeping now. In the morning when he goes to work what do I say?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I think we need more info. Is he a recovering alcoholic? Or you just want him to stop and he promised he would? ...What's the whole story?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• He is a recovering alcoholic!
    AmyLynn5398

Comment by AmyLynn5398 (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Leave it next to the bed and see what if says give him the silent treatment I had to do this with my hubbys porn addiction a couple times
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• – collapse
    nothing? unless he's seriously an alcoholic, what's the big deal? I have a half empty whiskey bottle. I'm not an alcoholic, I never drink enough at once to actually become drunk, I don't drive, and I'm still a great parent. You don't know how long it took him to make the bottle empty....so what's wrong with having a drink or 3 every now and then?
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• FluffyMamaBunny he is an alchohlic and he has been drunk!!! There is something wrong with it because he was watching our 4 month old and lied right to my face about it!
    AmyLynn5398

Comment by AmyLynn5398 (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Every part of an addict is serious. If you've never known an addict, then you might think my statement isn't true. Both of my bio parents are addicts and an ex of mine was an addict (he OD'd and died). Even after 90k in rehab services and 5 years sober he still slipped and died less than two years after his first drink again.

Geez OP, well I would tell him what you know first thing in the morning and also tell him that if you find anything again that he will have to leave your household. That is nothing you want around your kids. He also needs to find a support partner and attend AA meetings. Maybe even a counselor? Road to recovery is not easy.

Best wishes.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would tell him that you found the bottle and I would make him go to meetings or call his counselor or what have you. Honestly, he shouldn't even be drinking beer. Alcohol is alcohol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I say just tell him you found it. Not in a rude or smart like way just calmly tell him. Tell him that you hate that he has started back drinking and that you would love for him to tell you the reason way. And that you are very hurt and upset that he choose to start doing this agian instead of talking to someone about what is wrong. Tell him that when he gets home from work you should sit down and talk about this and see where u guys go from here. Good luck!!!!!!!! :)
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 2:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would talk to him calmy, it maybe a old bottle.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• obviously you shouldn't confront him like you would if he was one of your kids. you're supposed to be partners. you are the best support he can find
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 3:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2011