Do you think 18 year old that get married cause of love not cause of babies, are silly for thinking its real and they will have a great marriage?

I'm talking in general, there are always those I know this person and it worked out. Not talking about personal but over all in the world or in the US that you have seen on the News, stats, heard from others.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 3:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• My G-grandma married my grandpa when they were 17 & 18, and he got drafted into the Navy. They were together for 68 yrs. When he passed away, my grandma died about 4 months later, and no known causes, except a broken heart.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think you're silly for thinking you know other people's minds better than they know themselves.

Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Well my grandmother was married at 16, my mom 18 and me 19. We've been married for 59 years. 35 years and 8 years, respectively. No divorces. Same with our husbands. In general though no, I don't think an 18 year old wanting to get married for love is silly. I knew when I met dh at 16 that I wanted to marry him. It was like natural instinct. His mother tried to say it was puppy love because dh is 6.5 years older than me and I was 16. I was LIVID. I think it depends on a person's maturity and how they value marriage.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Piskie, I'm not even sure what your comment is suppose to mean?
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 3:25 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No, not at all! I married at 18 because I loved my boyfriend and I still love him today, almost 6 years later! My mom and dad were married at 19, though they had me at the time but they didn't marry until a year after I was born and they have both told me many times they didn't marry because of me, they married because they loved each other and that was 24 years ago! I think many people who marry at 18 get divorced but so do many people who are married at 28!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Piskie I think all she was asking was a rhetorical question, nothing personally
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Well how do you know that it's not real? How can people be silly for being in love?

Everyone is diferent, and all relationships are different. You can't possibly know it's real or not, unless it's you involved.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 4:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Piskie, really?

Where did I say its not real? Where did I say people are silly for being in love?

Where did I say I knew its real or not?
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 4:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I agree with piskie. You did say that...

"are silly for thinking its real and they will have a great marriage"

Who are you to say their love is not real?

jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 5:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think she asks a valid question. I know many people who comment that 18 is too young and she is asking us if we feel that way. She did not say that they are silly, she is asking do we think they are silly. Please take your time and read the question. I think you will find that you are wrong in stating SHE said that they are silly.

Seriously, do some people on here have people pee in their Wheaties before they answer these questions? Or are some people just intent on attack?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2011