A different perspective

if a young mother answers questions on here, would you take the advice since they're closer to where your kids are? or would you dissmiss it and only take advice from mothers closer to your own age?

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 3:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Young people can give good advise. They more likely know what your child is going throw. I would take it if it was good.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Good advice is good advice, no matter the age.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Dissmiss the young mom, and take the older moms advise. Being the same age as your kid. Does not give her the outlook of having grown or teen kids to deal with.

Answer by louise2 at 6:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I LIKE THIS: Good advice is good advice, no matter the age.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Being the same age has no correlation with RAISING a child that age. It has nothing to do with the AGE of the person giving advice and has everything to do with EXPERIENCE of raising children through the difference stages. A mom with an infant (no matter how young the mother is) has no life experience in raising teens!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Well frankly.. How do you know their age.. Go to their profile?? I say if you read and like the advice.. why go through all that extra bother of going and searching their profile... I only visit the profile of a mommy if I am thinking of inviting her for a friend.. To see if we have anything in common.. aside from reproductive organs that is..

So MY answer is .. I base my opinion.. on the caliber of an answer they give.. If it is lame advice who cares what the cronological age of the person who can't form a sentance...? Or if it is a great answer who cares if she is only 16? Wisdom has no limit.. Age isn't something it is based on..
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 9:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Experience and common sense would make me listen.
    Tija L.

Answer by Tija L. at 9:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I read the advice. If it sounds like it will be helpful I take it. I'm old. I have learned to listen to all ideas then decide. Sometimes we can learn from young people. Old people don't have the monopoly on wisdom.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• thankyou homealone. i think you're the only one who understood the question.

i wouldn't give anyone advice on what to do with their older child, because i haven't been in that position. i would only be willing to give a perspective of what the child would be thinking. if someone could tell me even half of what my toddler was thinking i'd definately listen.
    ilovemymonsterr

Comment by ilovemymonsterr (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• No matter the age - I don't think the mother of young children has the experience to give me advice about my teenager - if you haven't lived through it - you can't imagine what you may have to do to teach them lessons. Now they may speak from their own experience as a teenager and I can appreciate that but I don't really put much energy to advice given by mothers of younger children about my teenager. That's just me.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011