I think I had a miscarriage?? adult content

I am about 5 weeks pg and had red spotting today, but not heavy. I just woke up to a clot on my pad. I have no pain and didnt yesterday. Could this be a miscarriage with no pain? Thank you, I am just beside myself right now and cant call my dorctor at this time of the morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Spotting can b normal but I dont know about the clot. Was it large in size? Im not sure but I think its a little painful when misscarrying. Cramps and what not. Good luck I hope all is well with your baby
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It could be or could not be. Usually the farther along you are, the more you will bleed with a miscarriage. A pregnancy tes will tell you because if you miscarried, th pregnancy hormone will have dropped. That can take sometimes more than a day though to drop but usually you can tell after 1 day.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The clot was the size of a quarter and definitely did not look right :( But. I have no pain and that's what has me confused.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• What does the clot look like? A miscarriage contains large blood clots and clumps grey tissue accompanied by lots of cramping and heavy bleeding.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 4:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The clot had some clear looking tissue in it. Its hard to describe.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• http://miscarriage.about.com/od/immediatemedicalconcerns/f/miscarriage-tissue.htm It says here it is possible that clear or transparent tissue could be the sac and placenta....call your OB first thing in the morning hun. I'll be praying all is well for you and your little one.

proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 4:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thank you for your advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Spotting can be normal but if there is anymore, Id call your OB
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2011