Has anyone take Unisom and Vitamin B for morning sickness?

I started taking it yesterday, like my doctor said. They said it would make me tired, but I feel kind of spacey and weird. High, one might say. Has anyone ever taken this and had the same feeling? Or is it just me?

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 5:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well unisom is a sleeping pill so that would explain the spacy feeling...When I had morning sickness the doctor wrote me a script for zofran...It's safe and works fast. GL
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yeah, unisom is a sleeping pill. Is that safe??? I would be worried to take it, just me though. And is you have vitamin B in your prenatals, would you be getting too much now? Those are concerns I would have.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes, I tried it but my dr recommended I take it only at night so I didn't feel weird. It didn't work, and I went through 4-5 prescription meds before I found one that worked.
    The Unisom and Vit B is safe, it's usually one of the first things recommended by OBs.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I did. It made me feel loopy too. And it didn't work. I ended up having to take Zofran.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Unisom is Benadryl, which in addition to being an antihistamine, is an H2 receptor blocker and therefore is anti-emetic. It is safe to take and should work. The addition of B-12 to the cocktail is to offset the dilution of intrinsic factor in the stomach due to vomiting, to increase absorption, BUT, many people find B-12 upsetting to the stomach, particularly if the dosage isn't balanced with the correct amount of folate, which would be between 200-400 micrograms a day. Honestly, your best bet is to take the Unisom first, 30 minutes before you take the B-12, and to take your B-12 along with 200-400 micrograms of folate.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Never took it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2011