Jobs in medical field

What is a good job in the medical field to get into?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• They are needing nurses and medical assistants all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• the only thing I would suggest is that you do something your schedule will allow and something you will like.
    don't go into nursing because there are jobs. as a new nurse you will work ALL holidays, nights, and weekends for YEARS. nurses are typically women, women with children and they will fight tooth and nail for M-F daytime jobs. You will be hardpressed to get a daytime job with children if you are a new nurse with no experience. Often the shifts are 12-16 hours, so you better have a good childcare provider too.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The Medical Field is a strange place to work... it really depends on what you enjoy. I say that because I started off in an office secretarial position which was fine. Then I became interested in the fast paced, challenging EMT/Paramedic sector. LOL! I did that for about four years... it's very rewarding, challenging, exciting, etc, but also every draining on you, especially to a mother with small children! After that I enrolled in Respiratory Therapy. I went through the program, graduated, etc, only to be very disappointed because it was so completely BORING! I was so used to the thrills in the field, that seriously, I had to get out.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I am a nurse and agree with JJB-plus many facilities are no longer hiring and are working with fewer nurses.
    I'd look into a tech job (Xray, Pharm, PT, Ultrasound, Radiology).
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Check the job boards of local hospitals; see what positions are open

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011