Any tips on how to learn to write with my left hand?

I'm pretty handy with my left hand. I can write with it, but it's slow and doesn't look good. When I do administration work on the computer I have the mouse in my right hand and a note pad, or whatever papers I'm working on, on the left. I would find it really convenient if I could also make quick, readable notes with my left hand. Any advice?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 7:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• That's a good idea, but it'd really be difficult. I am somewhat ambidexterous, and in order to do that, you have to be able to multitask your hands as well as just being able to write left handed. Can you "pat your head and rub your belly" at the same time (one with one hand one with the other)? Is it easy? That's a very easy starting point to see if you can do it. Anyway, to get your lefty skills up, you must practice practice practice, just like you did when you were a little kid learning to write lefty. Also, after a while, your lefty skills will look better---to the side of your brain that your left hand writes with. Then, change the pen from one hand to the other. Does the writing still look nice? The side that controls your right hand writing will probably think it doesn't look as nice. If all you're looking for is function, I'd go with legible, and quick, rather than nice looking. Good luck.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 7:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The only advice I've ever heard on becoming ambidextrous is practice, practice, practice.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• it's easy for me, but i can't write at all with my right, it would take alot of practice. just start writting everything with your left hand and i am sure it will start to get easier.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2011