Burping...? HELP!!!! adult content

This may be a little embarrasing but do any of you moms ever get gas or burps that smell like sulfer or eggs?? Every few months I get this with real bad diarreah and sometimes I throw up (which also smells like sulfer). I'm kinda concerned about it but I dont have health ins. Do u know what is causing this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like the same problem I have! It's annoying as heck isn't it?! My first bout with it was a few years ago, but when I asked my surgeon about it (I had an appendectomy, open abdominal surgery, and colonoscopy along with 3 bouts of that all within a 4 month period) he was stumped. I didn't find anything either when I kept a food diary. At one point I thought it was 1 specific thing I was drinking, but even 2 years after cutting that out it still happened. I don't think it's anything to run to the doctor for unless it becomes more frequent or hurts. But you know, now that I'm thinking about it...I haven't drank cows milk in months and I haven't had a bout of it in longer...maybe you could try cutting out dairy? Definitely keep a food journal though, and even include things like gum & meds, and see if you notice a common thing when you get the bouts of it.
    Anonymous

• If you eat something with alot of preservatives it can make you very stinky. I dont think you need to run out to the doctor for it... everyone gets belly aches here and there.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I agree, we all get belly aches from time to time so its normal. I wouldnt stress out about it unless you are also getting stomach cramps regularly and its something causing you real distress.

Answer by gemgem at 8:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thanks so much anon. The first time it happened i was 13 and then it didnt happen again til about 18 and it happens 3 or 4 times a yr now. It starts out with me being bloated and stomach cramps, and then belching/burping with an odor of sulfer and really painful gas followed by diarreah/vomitting and it last anywhere from 12 hrs to 2-3 days.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes yes yes! Although sometimes my burps taste like Cheerios...yuck. If it's happening that frequently you may want to get checked out - but I'd bet a foot that they'd tell you to keep a food diary and come back again sometime! Are you on any meds, prescription or otc supplements or vitamins? Do you consume any artificial sweeteners? I'm sensitive to a handful of things in those groups that give me excess gas, but don't know if they were the culprits of the sulfur stuff. Hmmm...have you googled anything, like "what causes sulfur build up in the body" or something like that...?
    Anonymous

• I am not on any meds. I think it may be the milk thing u were talking about. I know when i was little i had to stop eating dairy for a while but then when i got older i just kinda kept eating dairy. I'm going to call my mom and see what she thinks. Thank u for all your help and i'm rewarding u best answer.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011