How do I get a toddler who goes pee in the toilet, to go poop in the toilet?

I watch a little boy, who will be 3 at the end of March, and he goes pee in the potty consistently but will get off the potty in a hurry to go poop in his underwear or pull-up. Please respond with tips or advice! Thanks!

DSNMomma

Asked by DSNMomma at 7:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not certain of a solution (which isn't helpful, it's true) but this is a sensory issue. The feeling of pooping in the potty is very disconcerting so they will always choose to poop in a diaper. I saw this happen with a friend's little one and she just got over it in time. Good luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• my aunt relized that i guess my cousin was afraid that a part of him was leaving. she told him that his poo poo wanted to go to the poo poo playground and have fun. it worked for her.
    of course, he also was potty trained with m&m's
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 12:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks for your input! The parents started using stickers and it is working well for the peeing so I told him that if he went poop in the potty then I would give him 2 stickers!
    DSNMomma

Comment by DSNMomma (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2011