So we are thinking about?

Getting a small/medium sized dog for our boys, what is a good breed? My boys are 9 and 4 We don't want one that barks all the time

We don't want a boxer, doberman, german sherphard or retriever or any other dog that size.  I don't like boxers anyhow

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pets

• I love my sheltie and my Golden Retriever both great with kids. The Golden is a large dog but the Sheltie is a good medium sized dog.
    ventingmom

Answer by ventingmom at 7:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We have a Pomeranian. I have to say, I'm used to larger dogs, but this has got to be one of the smartest dogs I've ever seen. He was so easy to house train and he is great with the boys.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 7:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Cavalier King Charles Spaniel! In all my experience as a dog trainer specializing in working with family dogs, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is without a doubt, the best family dog I've ever worked with. Truly, all they want is to make people happy. They're very intuitive and easy to train using positive reinforcement methods, they love to snuggle and they're completely loyal, they don't bark a lot and they're absolutely beautiful.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• hmm we have always had big dogs. boxers, dobermans. boxers are good dogs and they are good with children like to play alot. some people say they are hyper but ours never got out of hand. best dog i ever had was a boxer. good luck let me know what you choose
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I second the Boxer. We've had two. Great family dogs.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Go to the local rescue agencies and look.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011