The future of fast food?

Considering how much gas and groceries are comping up, what do you think the future will look like for fast food? Do you think they will slowly decline or perhaps stay the same? Do you think in your own opinion that they are just adding fuel to the fire? Should more people cook at home to save money and gas or do you think it is harmless?

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think some things will go up at fast food places but they will continue to keep some things low like their dollar menu. It really doesnt cost them alot to make their food because they buy everything in bulk. The same is true of any restaurant really. I cook at home as much as I can, but in all honesty sometimes fast food is cheaper then cooking. On those days just before dh gets paid we will order a $5 pizza or see my dd at work and get 1/3 priced McDonalds (shes a manager there). Like all things I think all things are fine in moderation. I dont think eating out everyday is good for anyone. I can look at my inlaws and tell you that.

Answer by gemgem at 7:55 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• sorry meant 1/2 off mcdonalds

Answer by gemgem at 7:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• personally i think prices have already gone up. a whopper meal is now about $6.40 so feeding a family of four that adds up........arbys is extremely pricey. Along with panera brea and starbucks...
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 9:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Fast Food restaurant do well during a depression. Upscale restaurants have difficulties, small family-run restaurants have difficulties. I try to support small family-run restaurants.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• One of the reasons fast food restaurants do well is because people think it's cheaper to eat there than drive to the grocery and they really don't do the math.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You are right SweetLuci...it is NOT cheaper. Spend $30.00 on four people for 1 meal when you could get an entire day of meals for that price!
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We will see how fast food is impacted by the posting of calories...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think they will slowly decline hopefully more people will cook at home
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011