Due tom question

Ok so im due tom and i have a schedualed c-section well my doctor keeps trying to talk me outa it witch she has done so lol i had a c-section with my 1st son because he was breech and was told its hard to have a vag after that but she is dead set on me doing one lol so she told me to come in tom morning b4 my c-section and she will try me on potocin to see if that works and try that cervildill thing to make me diolate so im going to the doc today and im going to ask her if we can start that tonight or later today. That way they can see if that stuff will even work and if it don't then my c-section is already schedualed for the am and they wouldnt have to move anything around cuz i was told if takes 8 to 12 hours for that cervidill stuff to be in you. Im so excited i think thats a great idea but i have no idea if they would do that or not what do yall think?

Tarrahs2011

Asked by Tarrahs2011 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i say go for it. you will be in the hospital so if anything were to go wrong your in the right place. and ceravil works pretty fast. with my 2nd they induced me with that and within and hour or two they had to remove it because my contractions were on top of eachother. about 2 hours later the baby was there. pioctoin can be a bit slower and easier to control being that it is iv. GL im sure your doc has done this with other patients so has full knowledge of what she can and cant do and the limitations are. but def ask about doing it today that way you have a good fighting chance at it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• pitocin sucks. i don't think that is a great idea like mwf said it increases the risk of uterine rupture..but..well if its what you want to do..no one is going to stop you..good luck with your baby :) i tried having a vbac i did not get induced..two days before my scheduled c section my youngest son was like ok its time and well i tried and it didn't happen so i had the best c section in the history of c sections...i did kind of feel like i lost something not delivering naturally but hey i got to nurse and care for my healthy babys thats all that matters..ok done rambling..good luck!
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 9:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i understand that one, i want more babies and i was told i have to have c sections now..and i wouldn't try naturally because of why i coudln't deliver it would be dangerous to the babies health ..anway your welcome and good luck.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 9:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would try for the VBAC if you really wanted it. The pioctoin will suck but so does labor and you will forgot about it once you see your beautiful baby!!! Congrats, I'm excited and jealous for you, I still have 16 weeks to go.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Pitocin causes longer, stronger, harder and more painful contractions... B***S***. This depends on the individual. Do not say it like it's a fact because it isn't. It's an opinion. Not disputing the risks of induction those are valid. As long as you have discussed ALL the risks with your OB then go for it. Either way you'll be holding that baby soon.
    Anonymous

• Being induced is NOT recommended if you've had a prior c/s. It increases the risk of uterine rupture. I don't know why your doc would suggest that...it really is irresponsible of her. A VBAC (vaginal birth after c/s) is a great idea and is completely safe but you should really let things happen on their own. GL.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• She said shes only going to do so much cuz there is not much she can do because of the reason. Shes only trying she isn't promising anything she told me once you have 2 c-sections you can't have then vag any more and i would atleast like to try. Thank you so much rayne
    Tarrahs2011

Comment by Tarrahs2011 (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thank you laura im excited to ask if i can do that lol cuz to me that makes more sence to try tonight rather then wait for the morning cuz if it don't work at all tonight they can just go ahead and give me my c-section as planned
    Tarrahs2011

Comment by Tarrahs2011 (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• dang i member then days i feel for ya lol thank you
    Tarrahs2011

Comment by Tarrahs2011 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think you need to have a more in depth conversation with your OB. Ask the question "If you don't want me to have a c-section then why would you want me to be induced?" It's a valid question. Most doctors want to induce you so that you can have the baby on THEIR schedule. Letting it happen naturally is a lot easier on the mom AND the baby. Pitocin causes longer, stronger, harder and more painful contractions that can cause the baby's BP to drop- which leads to fetal distress- which leads to another c-section. If you want a VBAC fight for it to happen naturally.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011