Turning 40........................

Any advice or words of wisdom?

Peggs11

Asked by Peggs11 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Just remember that age is JUST a number. What matters most is how you're caring for yourself, your body and your health. When I turn 40, I plan on looking and feeling better than half of the 30 year olds out there, lol!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Its not as bad as you think. I agonized my whole 39th year, dreading the day. When it finally happened I was relieved it was finally here and I could stop the ridiculous agonizing, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I turn 40 in May and I dont think its a big deal. In fact I like having the knowledge and wisdom I have now compared to when I was in my 20s lol. Now if we could only keep our looks from our 20s and still have the life exp and wisdom we have at 40.

Answer by gemgem at 8:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• don't worry so much about it, it is just a number it doesn't mean your going to be a wrinkled up old fart just yet. only grey hair comes in over night not wrinkles lol :P i say take out your 30s with a party, do something you normally woudn't do *within reason* and have fun! keep on truckin mama
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 9:00 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• 40 is awesome! I felt better and looked better and certainly was a lot smarter and much more confident at 40 than when I was in my 20's!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Ummm, get drunk??? Thats how I rang in 40...I dyed the tips of my hair bright pink, went drinking AND sang Kareoke for the very first (and only) time...I went out of my 30's with a bang lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i'll be 40 on thursday. i thought i would be more depressed about it but im actually fine.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• 40 wasn't bad..it was 41 for me.
    no advice, op, just be good to yourself/your body, and it will be good to you.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Enjoy it!  I'm 47 and I'm loving my 40's. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• don't color your hair more than two shades down from your natural level because it will age the look of your skin.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2011