Really!!??

Ladies there just are no words! OMG does this type of stupidity come from a feeling of entitlement?...and no teaching of love for country and the sacrifices made for our freedom? or WHAT? I am appalled by crap like this..seriously..

WI young folks cover a WW1 memorial with sticky note papers and crap! AND act as if it's no damn big deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHWZIG199rs&feature=player_embedded

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• that's probably why the last WW1 vet just decided to go ahead and die already. he just couldn't take the disrespect this country has anymore.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Youre surprised? I sure am not. Havent you noticed how people talk about the wars and then dont expect the youth in our country to look down and be disrespectful towards our vets? Its our job here in our homes to teach the kids that if not for the sacrifices of our vets those losers wouldnt have the freedom to do what they are doing. Imagine if they were in Libya? Theyd be shot and that would be that. They dont understand how LUCKY they are to have freedom, even if its freedom to be an asshole.

Answer by gemgem at 8:55 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It's not taught anymore. The fact that people actually die to keep the freedoms this country has. It's something that's overlooked by many. I mean, after all, they are just strangers. Just names and faces on a TV screen; it's not like they actually know the majority of those dying or have any sort of blood relation to those who have.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yeah blue it just so upsets me ugh..they shed blood so that these snot nosed brats can disrespect their sacrifice like this and stand there like DER man what? How were we to know? huh? whaaaaaaat?

If my child did this they'd get a SERIOUS lesson.
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The one young girl even claims to make memorials and after a bit of pressing admits that folks aren't even supposed to hang or lean on a memorial etc..WHY? Out of........respect! but yet oh it's alright to stick trashy papers on this one.
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The sixties destroyed this country.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The kid probably didn't know and that's what's so bad about it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Had I been there it would have been pretty difficult to control myself from ripping that garbage off..so this is what is going on gee wonder WHY they'd like to keep this shit contained to one floor! I just cannot imagine (sarcasm)
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I was amazed that they kept trying to justify it........ If it was an honest mistake like they claimed they should have been jumping all over themselves to fix it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Many young people have no idea what love for country many of our fallen had. They don't understand sacrifice because most of them haven't had to sacrifice for anything. Reality is going to be a huge slap in the face for them and they will have to grow up in an instant. This world isn't getting more peaceful, that's for sure.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011