Fetal BPM Folklore -- do you believe

Okay ladies....so I was snooping around online reading up on baby gender myths & folklore and I came across this little article:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/naming/knowing-gender-folklore/

Now in reading this, I totally fall under ONE of them.....and I mean totally....so I guess I will have to wait til May to see if it worked for me.

But does anyone else believe in this folklore or these gender predicting myths???

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 9:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• idk sorta I guess. When I was pregnant with #3 we had no idea what sex he was. My doctor swore it was a boy and he could tell based on the heartbeat. I told him thats an old wives tale. He laughed and said he did this every day and could tell a boy from a girl based on heartbeat. I had my son and yep, he was a boy.

Answer by gemgem at 9:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I asked my Dr. and they said they have tried to find if it is accurate in their office, and its not.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• With my son his heart beat was low.. my girl that I am currently having is high.. him I hardly knew I was pregnant I just glowed.. her I feel like train wreck. My skin is blotchy, I have morning sickness, my hair is thinner.. Girls make you have certain hormones that do things like prolong morning sickness, hair loss and things of that nature. Am I sure that if I have those things it will be a girl, no but more than likely yes. Girls have higher heart rates statically. But as we know statics aren't always true but most of the time.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 12:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Nope, I don't believe...but hey....you have a 50/50 chance of being right!

With my son, he had a fast heartbeat (160+ which is 'suppose' to be girl), I had morning sickness, I carried high...so on and so forth.

It's fun to 'try' to predict...but it's called 'folk lore' for a reason.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Not sure how I believe on this one.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2011