what could THIS be?!!!!

My 3 month old daughter has had a condition for about two weeks. I plan to go to the doctor but want some input first please....
She is very congested and raspy. She has difficulty breathing and wakes up gasping. She heaves like she is going to throw up and then a lot of clear mucous comes out. What could this be?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be a common cold thats gone into her chest. She will probably need some antibiotics or something.
    Anonymous

• There are many possibilities... allergies or asthma come to mind. Keep that appointment and have her checked. Remember that it may take a while for him to narrow down the choices and find the right cause.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• can I suggest getting a humdifier and elevating her bed, suction her nose whenever its loose to do it... and they have vic's vapor rub for babies, but consult the doctore before you use any medicine...
    a_l_daigle

Answer by a_l_daigle at 5:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yeah I would definitely take her to the doctor... Make sure she is elevated when she sleeps, even if she has to sleep in the carseat. This will help her breathe better. Suction her nose, and give saline drops... Also, the vicks cream works well if you put it on her neck. Good luck... It sucks to have a sick baby :(
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If she is having difficulty breathing, and gasping, then you need to take her to the doctor asap!!!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my daughter had similar symptoms and it turned out to be bronchiolitis. the ped recommended a humidifer and keeping her elevated. because she was so little, they didn't want to put her on any meds, but i was allowed to give her tylenol with her fever.

if she is around other babies, find out if they are sick or getting over any bugs, talk with their moms and see what those kiddos were sick with. then you can be prepared.

breathing is something never to mess with. call the doctor and if necessary, take her to the hospital. she may need breathing treatments.

i hope your little munchkin feels better SOON! :)
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I can't believe you've waited 2 weeks. She's too little to guess at what might be wrong....Certain things like RSV can be deadly to a newborn. Please take her to the Dr. soon.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would take her to a Dr if she's waking up gasping. RSV would be my main concern.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 8:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• has she fell latly?or been shakin
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2008