Do you ever pop your kid/baby's zits?

i know i should let it be, but when there's a head or if it's blackhead i just can't stand it!!! maybe beause my dad used to tell me that it'ss a german saying that that is where your "bad" comes out (doesn't translate well). it's not like i believe that literally, but still

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Nope, never.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I know you aren't supposed to but YES I have. I also get after my teenagers & pop their zits. I cant stand it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No way! The baby ones are not zits, they are not supposed to be popped - ugh. My kids have never had an actual "zit" yet.
    Anonymous

• OMG, no. You can leave scars! There are also spots on the face that you can do brain damage by pressing against them to squeeze something. Take the child to a dermatologist.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• haha ok crazy. no one said i was digging at their skulls or popping it with a pick ax
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No, I've never done that. Instead I have always treated the irritation with an herbal to reduce the irritation. If you scratch off a dry pimple, it can cause an infection at the site and the most likely cause of a dry pimple is dry skin or an allergy, so popping or scratching it won't help anyway. If you pop a pimple, it can spread the infection that's inside and just make the problem worse, so best to avoid traumatizing the site any further.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes but I am very careful. Nobody every had a scar or some horrid infection from me doing it . You can do it if you do it right.
    Anonymous

• nope
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011