Help Ladies: What would you do?

I am going to be 38 weeks on Thursday and I am miserable unhappy, in pain, contractions all the time etc. I would like the dr. to deliver would you and do you think they will? IF I explain to them what is going on. BTW I have measured further along with this baby since the 2nd trimester, he had the steroid shots at 34 weeks to help his lungs, and his last weight was 6 lbs 4 oz. Please dont think I do not want a full term baby or anything I am just beyond miserable and not getting along with my hubby or anyone. I wake up crying cause I have had no sleep. So please don't judge.

AbbeyKAy

Asked by AbbeyKAy at 10:00 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Been there, done that with three. I know your misery, but you can tough it out!! His lungs, and weight are just estimates. Even full term babies can have complications. You are almost there.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• everyone feels that way, don't worry, but unless there's a true medical reason i doubt they'll deliver you early. hang in there, it's almost over!!! :)
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I know its miserable at the end, but its only a few more weeks. Hang in there. And know that in the end, you did what is best for your baby.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i was endued with both my boys and it increases medical complications for the baby if you do. I don't recommend going before the baby is ready to anyone. I learned the hard way, my children have to pay for me wanting it to be over early. Ear infections, ADD, and they also can get common cold more severe and often the full term babies. An worst of all colic!
    jrevling

Answer by jrevling at 10:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Hang in there, I agree with Christine, 100%. You are almost there and they are just estimates. Do what ever you can to carry full term hun. Its only 14 or less days. Explain to every one what your going thru, just as you explained here. Your husband should be supportive and understanding.
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 10:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• easier said than done, but ....try your best to deliver when your body and baby is ready....hopefully full term. If the pain is close to 10 from a pain scale of 1-10 then I say you shouldnt be in that much pain and get help. Im not sure if the Dr would deliver you, but I imagine if your pain is intense they would do something to help....I really hope your husband will try to understand and see the obviouse pain your in.... He just has to understand.
    bb0

Answer by bb0 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• They want to induce me cause both me and DD have heart issues.. so they want to save her and put her in an incubator that way my heart doesn't fail on her .. but her heart is so weak.. such a mess I understand being miserable. I am bed confined can't do anything and I want her out so she will be healthy.. I am 25 weeks they wanted to do it at 24 I said lets wait till 27 at least they gave me this huge speech about putting my life on the line.. I am now thinking make em wait till 32 weeks but best of luck to you.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 11:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Nope. Well I suppose they might, but I would question their medical ethics if they did. There usually has to be medical necessity to do an induction. You being miserable and emotional is not necessity. Try walking to get the contractions more regular. If you do an enema it might kick start labor. This isn't something you get to have control over. Nature has to take it's course.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Whether or not the doctor will honor your request depends on the doctor. Personally, I would not go that route. Induction can lead to other interventions, and often times, c section.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• IT will happen soon :)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2011