What are some good one on one things a mom can do with her 11 year old son?

Just to be able to spend some good quality time alone together...

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• History trips! Get him involved in things like architecture, fishing, spelunking, exploring, old cemetaries, etc. These are actually all things I love to do too, but by getting him involved in nature and history, you can't go wrong! Visit some fire stations and maybe you guys can tour and volunteer some time. Great job to you for wanting to be so involved... I love that!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have found a series of books that my 12 yr old loves. Its called keys to the kingdom. I read a chapter to him every night and he begs for more. We do uno or other card games, and on a beautiful saturday afternoon, a bike ride can be a great time.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Read the same book, video games, movie night, go out to eat once a month just you and him, sports
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 10:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Find out what the child likes to do and then do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I play video games with my 12 yr old since that seems to be his thing right now. I also like to just sit and watch movies with him.
    We go to dinner sometimes and movies.
    Both my boys enjoy it when I go outside and have them teach me how to throw a baseball, or punt a football or anything sports related.
    My older son likes to go to the movies or we rent movies and do our own commentaries.
    We both like to read too so we talk about books.
    The best thing to do is really pinpoint what is they like to do and go with that.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Does your son read? If he has a series he really likes, read it so you and him can discuss it. Play baseball with him, go out to eat, just the two of you, play video games with him, if he has a band he likes and you can swing it financially, go see them play together. There's a lot of options once you find out what he likes and the only way to do that is to ask. So go talk to him mama. :) GL
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011