Does this work with guys?

So...let's say that you can tell a guy is interested in you, he's called and you've been out a couple times...but he seems really reserved, yet he keeps acting like he's interested. And you're interested in him too. It's almost like he's been hurt before and he's afraid to "give in" (though he wants to) if that makes any sense?

Would making yourself unavailable to him make him realize how much he really likes you? (if he does already like you, of course)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think that you should be unavailable to a guy who's already a little vulnerable. I think you should take the opposite route and BE THERE FOR HIM to show him you care. Yeah not 24-7 but skip the games with this guy. Sounds like he's already had his fair share. good Luck.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You talked about this guy yesterday. Don't play games trying to get him to want you more or to realize anything. That's just hurtful and may be what previous women did which is why he's hesitant now. Take one day at a time. You shouldn't be in a hurry to push him in to anything. It almost sounds like a spider wanting to lure a fly in to its web so he won't get away. Lighten up and just enjoy time with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I didn't talk about anyone yesterday. ??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Dont be unavailable to him, cause then he might get mixed signals. Just do what you normally do and if and when he calls go from there. Dont over analize this too much, thats one thing we as women do and it can back fire. Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Doesn't matter if you talked about this guy yesterday or not. You don't want to be "unavailable" to someone you are just now interested in, I think that would push him away. I would only use that tactic if it has been awhile and he was being someone of a jerk and taking things for granted.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't MAKE myself unavailable but...I would show him that you are an interesting person and have interests and a life. This means don't cancel plans you've already made and continue to do things that you normally do. Then, make time for him around those things. And tell him when he asks when he can see you that you are doing this or that on these days but these days are open. Then, as you get to know each other, maybe he can get into some of your interests and vice versa but it is always important to have your own space and interests and not spend so much time together that you never get alone time
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• don't necessarily make yourself "unavailable", but make him pursue you a little harder......be busy occassionally when he calls. If he is interested he will ask to tag along and stuff like that.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 11:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I dunno, but I don't play hard to get. I'm married to the love of my life now because I asked him out after realizing he was too shy to do it.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i would need more info before i could say for sure what to tell you how do you know him? how long have you known him? but from what little that you did post i would say not a good idea to avoid him i would make an attempt to talk to him maybe through facebook, texting whatever is best for you but sometimes both male and female don't know for sure what the other is thinking always good to remember so sometimes you have to speak up! :)
    ash2011903

Answer by ash2011903 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011