Potty Training a boy?

I am wanting to start potty training my 20 month old boy. I am looking for anyone who has any advice on this subject.

Mom0413

Asked by Mom0413 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• The only good advice I can really think of to give, is not to push it.  If he's not ready, don't get aggravated and don't get angry with him (not that you would, just sayin')  Take some time off and then try again.  If he is ready, great!  Just be encouraging.  I've found that by not putting too much emphasis on it, on anything for that matter, is the best way to go.  IMHO, of course.  Oh and once my son went peepee on the potty, he never looked back.  Um, so to speak :)  Same with poopy.  Not a single accident.  I'd like to think it's because I was encouraging without going overboard.  We had peepee parties also.  Everytime he went peepee on the potty, I got a little something to celebrate.  Like a slice of cake, a pile of raisins even, with a little candle.  What kid doesn't like a little celebration?

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2011