Jealous???? (wordy sorry)

I posted once yesterday about my s/o and asking if he was jealous.
In the begining of our relaitonship he knew that I had dated a cop that works in the county I live in, long story short, I had to have a MRI done, got the results and let him know everything was ok and told him that was a lot of stress off me. His comment was "yeah and I am sure that is a lot less stress off your local police dept. too." I had ran into the guy I dated the day before and he grabbed my butt and I told him about it.
When we went to Fl. after he broke his neck a few times, a few guys that ended up checking me out and I am talking one was flipping GQ material..LoL my s/o was commeting "oh I am sure those two guys are guy, they are gay" this is all I heard about the ones who were checking me out. Last night on the phone, I was telling him about my Chiropractors appt. yesterday and my comment was "he wrapped my arms around my shoulders, went down on me and cracked me good." Well my s/o commented "oh so he went down on you??"
It is small things like that I hear, but yet he breaks his neck once in a while, what is up with that??? I don't get it....what memo or lesson have I missed??

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I definitely agree with you that its not okay for him to do that, its really hypocritical. Next time he makes a comment I would just counteract it with one about what he does. But I really think he is jealous and somewhat insecure, as are men- they just don't admit it. Personally though, and if I was a man, I for sure would not want to hear about an ex grabbing my girl's ass. But I also understand why you did tell him- probably thought it was harmless, but he can't handle it.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Be careful how you word things and it seems that you are gloating to him about these men.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Um, I think you are missing the point and just want people to tell you what you want to hear- to be blunt. He is making those comments b/c he is obviously upset and irritated about the initial situation (ex grabbing your ass) and he must be somewhat jealous. Have you ever heard the saying "some things are better left unsaid"?? I'm confused as to how he would have found that out. Its simple- you should just be careful how you word things sometimes and he should be less sensitive- all blame can't be put on one person.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Caps lock just makes you looked pissed. I did read what you wrote, but you misunderstood. I know you told him, I said maybe you shouldn't have, then you said you tell him everything and it would have been bad if he found out otherwise. So in my last comment I was saying how would he have found out if you didn't tell him?? Its foolish for you to tell him and think he won't care. If you have a problem with him turning to look at women, tell him that. But that doesn't have to do with him getting on your case. I'm pretty sure I did answer why he may feel its okay to make those comments, but maybe you missed that line.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Maybe HE makes the comments (about other women) to get you upset. I do agree that it is annoying when guys gawk at other gals and make comments about them. Every once in a while my hubs would make comments about a gal he worked with (he knew i did not like her she was a slut) and he did it cause he found it funny to watch me get mad. So once I realized he liked to 'wind me up' I started to give him a bored look and would say "yeah, whatever" and when he did not get the desired results, he stopped.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No not gloating.....never knew it was gloating when someone is checking "me" out I didn't say a word. AS for my chiropractor never have gloated about him either, I go to my appts. and that is it. As for the cop, I have had several issues with him since I have been seeing the guy I am now and I discuss it with him and he knows I don't want that guy at all. So not sure where you read between the lines someone is gloating....
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Sorry but the Chiropractor visit comment does sound a bit like you are trying to stir your man up and get him going.  You said:   "he wrapped my arms around my shoulders, went down on me and cracked me good."  You could have just said it was a good visit, or you felt good after the visit.... instead of sounding like innuendos and sexual-type remarks to it.  So yeah if you do make it a habit to put it out there I can see why your man would make comments back or seem jealous.  He is probably sick and tired of hearing this.  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Nothing was meant by that comment appreantly you the other poster and him have read inbetween lines that are not there.
    Wrapping my arms around my shoulders is part of how my Chiropractor cracks me...so nothing meant by that either and he leans me back pushes down and cracks me the s/o knows this and it is not new news..
    Nope not stirring any pots to be a sh*t starter. I don't do that. All it was, was a comment, but point being I don't understand WHY he makes the comments he makes when he breaks his neck here and there and makes comments as well. For him to do that....I really don't see why he thinks has the right to say anything to me about any innocent comment I make, or talk about any guys being gay when they look at me etc., and possibly acting jealous.
    And trying to one up someone with an anonymous answer is kinda a joke, and it isn't like he "hears" a lot of anything, not like that.
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• um yeah I would say he sounds jealous. I dated a guy, actually lived with him, and he showed his true colors. I went for a job interview and I got back and he asked how my job interview went and I was like "well he said this" and his reply was "oh he probably wanted to f@#$ you!".....like serioiusly?!!? WTF? Then we were watching tv one day, I was reading a magazine and he told me I thought the guy on tv was hot and said "whatever sure" just to shut him up and he got super pissed and jealous and to this day I could not tell you if it was Brad Pitt or Pee Wee Herman on the tv. Needless to say that night was big fight and one push and I was packed and out the door so fast his head was spinning! BE CAREFUL!!!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 11:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• How would you feel if your ex dated a stripper and then told you he bumped into her and she grabbed his ass? Not the same thing, but think about it...realistically, you'd probably be jealous or at least wonder why he bothered to tell you that. I'd be a little careful with how you word things, he may be somewhat insecure.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011