What makes your homemade chicken soup over the top delicious?

Wondering if I'm missing a secret ingredient or something. I think my chicken soup is really really good, but its not over the top good. Any tips?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 10:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Plenty, plenty, plenty of fresh garlic!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You probably already do this but I think fresh chicken stock is what makes chicken soup taste so good...boiling your own chicken and using that stock from it, no cans of broth.
    Also, I think the type of noodle makes a difference.
    Other than that I just put in lots of carrots,a little celery, a whole onion to simmer..and whatever else I feel like tossing in that day...I have no set recipe and I guess it always comes out different.
    I'm no help all here am I??LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• no cans of broth some actual garlic ,lots of carrots and celery, onion make the chicken stock out of the actual chicken salt ( for taste and pepper) and egg noodles. my stuff comes out different each time but my kids love it. my mom likes to make mashed potatoes with hers and puts it under the chicken noodle. my oldest hates mashed potatoes but she will eat it like that and it sticks to your ribs lol.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I use rotini and veggies in my soup and it comes out soooo good
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Lots of garlic and a splash of lemon juice
    Trekkie

Answer by Trekkie at 3:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011