Have you ever taken any anti-depressants or anxiety medication?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 10:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• I took prozac. Then I got rid of the boyfriend and didn't need them anymore.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I was on lexapro years ago. The dr. gave me too high a dose and I was just stoned all the time. my boyfriend at the time loved that because I didnt nag anymore. Ends up HE was he problem not me. Once we broke up I didnt need the meds anymore.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i am currently on prozac and abilify
    fordeeperroots

Answer by fordeeperroots at 10:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes. I have taken Prozac, Luvox, Paxil, Effexor, Bu Spar, & Zyprexa. (not all at the same time though! lol)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yes, it was horrible!!!! they made me suicidal even. i feel a million trillion times better without them, because instead of medicating "something wrong with me" i concentrated on my nutrition. i found that i had allergies and intolerances i didn't notice before. and now, without gluten and dairy and with regular exercise, my body is functioning better and even my brain feels better. like i had been living with a grey cloud in my brain for 28 years and then suddenly somebody opened a window and let it all out.

(an estimated 99 percent of people who have a problem with eating gluten don’t even know it. and the symptoms can be anything from gas, migraines to irritability and depression. it affects one in 100 people, or three million Americans, most of who don’t know they have it.)
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes, but they should never have been given to me, as they exacerbated a directly related condition. Some need them to help with the chemical imbalance within their brain, but some can do very well with CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) or other things like photo-therapy (if all the darkness during winter adds to it).
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 3:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I am on Cymbalta now, and before that I was on Celexa(it killed my sex drive and my ability to...finish lol) and Paxil(which made me feel CRAZY). The Cymbalta is working well for now, so we'll see :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes, I went on prozac when I was with my ex and then switched to Welbutrin XL when I left (different insurance)

Answer by missanc at 1:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• no but i know people who have and do
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I took Cymbalta for about a year.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2011