Have you ever seen a therapist?

Did it help you? In what way?

Asked by SweetLuci at 10:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• Yes! I was kidnapped and raped by a stranger when I was a young woman, and my therapist was such a gift and a blessing . . . I could never have healed my spirit alone.

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes. I was raped 12 years ago and therapy really helped me get thru. I could not function without it for a while.

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes For 3 years and it helps me a lot to have a unbiased opinion.

Answer by liss05 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yes i've seen one, while i was in high school. it helped me to gain some closure for my past. it helped me tremendously. God used it to help me deal with things the way we are meant to deal with things.
    i was at my breaking point and needed and desperately wanted help with the issues i was dealing with.

Answer by fordeeperroots at 10:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have been through counseling on numerous occasions. Counselors are like have to find the right fit. Usually counseling has been helpful to me, and I usually leave feeling more in control and more confident of myself. I like being allowed to talk through my troubles and come to my own conclusions and answers, though you kind of pay a lot of money to solve your own probelm in the end. LOL!

Answer by misses_nick at 10:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes & yes. When my ex and me split up we were in marriage counseling, next thing I knew he had run with our son and I was totally devastated of course. It took almost a month to find my son but even after that I was having issues which was normal. The therapist listened to everything I said about not understanding what I did wrong blah blah. She asked me why I felt I deserved such a crap man as a husband? It was like a light went on in my head. Totally helped. After that one day I never wanted anything to do with my ex again & I thought more of myself then to date scum.

Answer by gemgem at 10:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I am starting tomorrow...

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes, two different ones. Both told me the day I turned 18 I needed to get out of my parents house. Best advice I was ever given.

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:00 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes, to help with a few different issues, and yes I have found it to be helpful and she has given me some good feedback and support.

Answer by MizLee at 11:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes, with my ex husband. It didn't help our marriage, but it helped me!

Answer by missanc at 1:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011