I miss my husband but.......

My husband is away for a few months I miss him but, Im enjoying the time to myself and I think its a nice break. Am I a terrible wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• NO - but if you feel really bad you can borrow mine for a few weeks!
    Anonymous

• Not at all. This past summer my husband went to Alaska for 2 months. I missed him SO very much. I'd usually cry myself to sleep, but on the other hand, I was enjoying just me. Not having to share my special snacks or wait on him (even though I loved that it was nice to have a break). Absense DOES make the heart grow fonder in my book. Our love had mulitplied 10 fold when he came home.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Nah, I don't think it makes you a bad wife or anything. My SO had to move out of state for work and he is gone for months at a time. I think it makes it really special when he is home and I've got enough of my own things going on that I don't get too lonely or bored. If he has to be away, and you can find a way to enjoy it, that is the best that can happen.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No. My husband has been gone for 30 days on deployment. It was nice at 1st to have a clean house and all. But now I wish he was here. I am going nuts.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No it doesn't make you a bad wife. I've been with my boyfriend off an on for 5 years now and he travels a lot for work so I'm use to being alone with just the kids. There are times when I miss him so bad I feel like I'm dying such as the other day when I got into a huge fight with my kids father and I ended up crying for hours because Derrick wasn't home and I couldn't call him because I knew he'd be away from his phone but at the moment I hear his voice I get so happy I feel like we've just met and all that nervous excitement and butterflies you get when you first start dating a guy comes back 10 fold every time he comes home. In a way I'm glad he isn't home all the time because our relationship is constantly new and refreshed by being apart.
    Anonymous