Did you watch the Social Network movie and were you disgusted?

I just watched the movie and I got to say, I'm pretty disgusted with Facebook. I am guilty of using it even though I know the dangers. I was just taken aback by the main character and the way he "stole" the idea. So, are we supporting that type of behavior or do you think that's just the way it is...it's a dog eat dog business world? Every business is somehow linked to FB (including this site), so I'm thinking that there really was no impact the movie had on most people. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• Ha ha what? I think you're the only one who's disgusted by that movie. If you watch the movie, he didn't steal it. Their idea basically inspired his. He created the website on his own. If he'd outright stolen the idea... do you think he'd be as rich as he is? probably not..
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• First of all....a LARGE portion of that movie is NOT based on ANY actual facts. The creator of FB didn't authorize that movie, he didn't endorse it. They took some names and they made a movie using them but they didn't necessarily make a movie based on those people. Why do people believe everything they see?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Sure, I agree with both of you..that's why we all have opinions. I just felt that way whether it was warranted or not. I went in watching the movie without asking anything about it and didn't do any detective work to find out who made it etc...I just can't believe how much power a movie has to make you feel that way whether it be true or not. Anyway, if it were true, it's all about how you conceive what actions he took as not cheating and the way he went about it. Despite, his using his own code. Good thing I don't believe everything I see or hear. LOL. Thanks for your answers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I don't watch movies based on inaccurate facts and I don't judge people when I watch movies based on fact. Rich people, intelligent people, celebreties, etc. are JUST PEOPLE. Human nature makes us all a lot more alike than we'd like to think. No one is perfect.
    Anonymous

• He may have not stolen the idea but definitely was unethical. I do know that from the so called facts at the end of the movie, he did pay the twin brothers and had paid an undisclosed amount to his partner. He also borrowed the logarithm from his partner. Yep, he wasn't a perfect person, especially when he blogged about it. Of course he didn't endorse the movie, would you? I guess, his payouts speak louder than words. That's just what I got from the movie. That doesn't mean that I believe everything to be true or founded. Just wanted to point out how each one of us had a different opinion of the same movie and how we perceive the truth or what is ethical. Thank you for the debate.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011