Should I buy him a really nice basketball hoop or a giant trampoline for his birthday?

He's going to be 11 on March 24 :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• hoop. he will love it more. an 11 year old buy will definitely be more interested in the hoop.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would go with the basketball hoop. Too many injuries with trampolines.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I worked in insurance for many years. Trampolines are very dangerous, even if you have the safety net around them. Children bump into each other as well as the hard outer edge, even with the safety net. That said, many insurance companies will go as far as to cancel your policy if they find out that you have one, and if they don't find out and a claim arises later, they can deny it on the basis that the policy was written without their knowledge of the trampoline.
    48mystic

Answer by 48mystic at 11:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Which does he want?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Does he want either of those?? Personally, I'd go with the hoop if you have a good hard surface for the ball to bounce on.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• depends on where the basketball hoop is going to be, if it's going to be bouncing off a wall that is extremely annoying in the house then I would go for the trampoline. I think he would prob enjoy the trampoline more unless he is hoping to be a basketball player.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• though i looooooved my trampoline when i was younger.... and not so young :) it is true there are a lot of injuries.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 11:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would definalty say trampoline, but with the enclosure. That way he cant bounce off.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My 15 yr old son broke his finger when he landed wrong on a trampoline last summer. Having an enclosure doesnt prevent all injuries. I would say the hoop is a better idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I say whatever he wants more, just ask him in passing.... (( you can also get injured playing basketball, I dislocated my knee when I was 12 playing basketball, and it still slips out of place sometimes))
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2011