If someone were going to confront you with a difficult truth, how would you like him or her to approach you with it?

fordeeperroots

Asked by fordeeperroots at 11:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I would want them to understand that "truth" looks different to everyone and there are very few things in life that are an "absolute truth"- If I were to confront someone I would make sure it comes from a good place and its about them, not my needs or what I view as truth.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• That depends, are you talking about subjective "truth" or telling someone their breath smells?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• subjective, absolute truth.
    fordeeperroots

Comment by fordeeperroots (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Huh- subject and absolute- what is that OR did you mean two different truths- how would be approach each?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• how would you approach each
    fordeeperroots

Comment by fordeeperroots (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Probably the way I described about- I do not believe there are too many absolute truths that need to be explained to someone-
    Since you posted this in R&B I am assuming you are talking about religious truths-which I find to be personal truths, not subjective or absolute- what seems to be an absolute truth to one in religion is not always such- religion is so personal that what is truth to me is not truth to another-KWIM?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Truths are often subjective
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i believe truth is absolute, but i also know not everyone believes this.
    fordeeperroots

Comment by fordeeperroots (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

Well, you should tread lightly when speaking with someone-because the above shows you are a bit conflicted- maybe get to a place where you can say "truth is absolute for me" before the discussion?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• What kind of truth are you looking to share with somebody, and why? I can't really give a blanket answer for this question, it would vary according to circumstances.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011