Strengths and weakness ?

What are yours as far as going for a job interview and them asking u that ? Looking for ideas cause I cant think of my own. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think the answers you provide the interviewer with should be related to the job somehow. For example, I usually say my strength is communication skills. I do a lot of writing which requires I have excellent written communication skills.
    48mystic

Answer by 48mystic at 11:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i can never figure it out till they ask then i look like i seen a ghost, i hate interviews they always screw me cuz i just clam up, sorry no help here
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• When you answer them, you want to be sure your answers fit with what you know about the position and the company. Be sure that you have an example to give with your strength.
    For weaknesses, you can take one of two approaches. I like to go with humor: My biggest weakness is chocolate. Or, you can turn a weakness into a strength: when I have a deadline approaching on a project, I turn into a work-aholic until it is completed. If you take the second approach, again you need to be prepared with an example.

Best of luck on your interview, and be sure to send a thank you note to everyone you meet with.

I do career and job search coaching (I never charge CafeMoms for my services), and I will be happy to help you with interview prep

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Home and interview went well, Will hear something in a week to two. They said they liked everything I said and wrote.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2011