How do you get a script for clomid?

I know you have to see a doctor but what I want to know is how many times do you have to see the doctor before they write the script? Also, do they do tests before you get it?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• My doctor had to document that I was, in fact, not ovulating before writing a clomid rx. I had several blood tests throughout the month tracking my hormone levels, etc. I would also probably request an u/s of the ovaries for safety and a sperm analysis for dh first... I found out after the fact that I have a condition with my ovaries that makes clomid unsafe for me. I am lucky I didn't have serious issues while taking it!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I had to spend time taking my temp and tracking my lack of ovulation for 6 mos. before my doc would write my script.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• my doc told me she would give it to me but she wanted my dh to have his sperm checked first. she had me take bc pills for 2 months to get my periods regular to see if that would work. and it did. so we are going to wait and see if anything happens on its own for a couple of more months
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• A friend of mine went in and they gave her Clomid after she told them she had been trying to get pregnant for a year and nothing was happening. I'm not sure if she had other visits before that or not, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Prove that your not ovulating by charting for 2-3 months and then show it to your doctor.
    Anonymous