Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

WYR Be induced or wait it out?

 
lovelyheaven271

Asked by lovelyheaven271 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in

Level 14 (1,558 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (24)
  • Unless there is a life threatening issue for me or my baby...definitely wait it out. You don't take a cake out of the oven before it's done.
    specialwingz

    Answer by specialwingz at 12:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • i would wait. i went into labor with my oldest they gave me pitocin, my youngest they induced me. and now both have medical stuff going on and i heard it may have to due with the pitocin. so i think i would rather wait unless absolutely neccessary.
    WildCat73

    Answer by WildCat73 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • Wait it out. I was induced and was niaeve. I thought the doctor was in the best interest but I was wrong. He thought that she was going to be really big, she wasn't but I didn't know that I could tell him to wait.  He wasn't trying to be deceptive and wasn't pushing hard to do it but it scared me so I gave in.  I now know better and will not be inducing.

    Jademom07

    Answer by Jademom07 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • If I could re-do my first childs birth I would of not ben enduced, i believe it led to my csection.. which led to my mandantory second csection... which will make my third delievery a csection. I feel i missed out on somthing naturally.
    MKSers

    Answer by MKSers at 11:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • I have done it both ways. Induced the first time, because I was young and dumb. LOL The second time, I waited it out. Much better to wait and let nature take its course because the baby is where he/she needs to be.
    parajumper3

    Answer by parajumper3 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • I had to be induced with kid #1. I had one contraction that broke my water and nothing else at all. It sucked, no other way to put it. It was far easier and less painful going into labor naturally with my 2nd.
    AntoinetteF

    Answer by AntoinetteF at 11:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • wait it out
    GlitteribonMom

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • Anytime before 41 weeks (unless medically necessary) no. Anytime after 41 weeks yes please!
    kaylan010

    Answer by kaylan010 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • on one hand i liked knowing what day it was happening and having the kids already babysat, but on the other hand, since i had no epidural, i wish i had just waited like i did with the other two because even after the petocin it took forever and breaking my water was paaaaiiiinfulllllll!
    juliness

    Answer by juliness at 11:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • Whichever is safest for my baby. I had my son @ 39 weeks 4 days. I was induced @ exactly 42 weeks with my daughter. They weren't really that different for me. They hurt about the same and took about the same amount of time. (6 hours with ds, 7 hours with dd) although my placenta had started to calcify so i had a problem passing the after birth. ( yuck I know) I'd wait it out as long as I could I guess.
    BabyBugsmama

    Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN