Some government workers are so lazy...

is it just me..i mean, every time i'm having trouble accessing the child support website and i try to call the 800 number i'm told "our systems are down"..they probably just cant get their asses off of facebook long enough to help. errrrr! that was my vent for the day.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I never saw a government worker who was not lazy!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No, government workers are FANTASTIC and I'm really looking forward to government-run healthcare. After all, the government is just so darn efficient...
    *sarcasm for those who missed it*
    *also, I know that not ALL gov't employees are lazy bureaucrats--this IS in the Just For Fun section*
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• WRONG time to claim that. I am in Wisconsin where government workers bust their butts to provide a service while dealing with cuts day after day. With people being laid off, with wages being frozen, with having to take furlough days to help balance a budget that they didn't cause. Government workers are hard workers who have to deal with disrespect from everyone. If you think you can do a better job, then apply and see how lazy you are. Child support caseworkers have more cases than a person can humanly handle and it gets worse everyday. Where do you think the first and most cuts come from? GOVERNMENT workers. Thousands of our government workers will be laid off, including teachers, EMT's, police. Before you complain, think about what is going on BEFORE complaining or get a job in the government and try to do a better job.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i'm not saying all..i said some. I think if you can't do your job..then there is always someone else that will be happy to do it right and probably for less money. its funny, when i used to work 3rd shift..at the job i'm working now..there would be 2 cops come in and sit and drink coffee from about 1am to 4am. They would only leave if they got a call. pretty sad in my opinion. They couldve atleast been out patrolling the area
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I havent met any that work all that hard. I say that as someone whose mom worked for the Govt for many years. Everytime I go to DMV, social services with my dd, the schools, etc they act like they are doing you a favor by being there.

Answer by gemgem at 11:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I know some people that work for the government and they bust their tails. I also don't think its fair that people are getting pay cuts and losing jobs.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i'm sure the ones who are getting the pay cuts are the ones who actually bust their butts..while the slackers are the ones who are moving ahead.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• They will be part of separating the wheat from the chafe ~ time for them to start stepping it up!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011