What are some good stress relief tips for dealing with children????

Hi I would love some tips on dealing with stress. Thanks girls

luvz2bmama

Asked by luvz2bmama at 12:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Put them down for a nap.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Breathe! Take a you moment. Read. Take a walk.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Take a day out with out them. Or set them down with a coloring book or some thing else quite and than get on your computer and have a time out. I put myself into time out once in a while. My children will tell you mommy has to go to the bath for time out.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Reading. I know it sounds a little crazy but it helps me, I do a little reading when my kids have nap time and before I go to bed. Listening to music also helps me, and praying to if you are a religious person. (Example: Dear heavenly father, PLEASE help me get through this day without losing my mind. Help me to be as patient as possible and to be the best mom I can be, Amen.) Not the best prayer in the world but you get the point lol it always helps me.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 12:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Listen to some music. Use a stress ball. A glass of wine in the evenings when they are in bed also helps. Sex. And remember to have a sense of humor.

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Lol thanks ladys
    luvz2bmama

Comment by luvz2bmama (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I call someone. Usually something along the lines of "One of these kids is about to come up missing"...and an ear to listen to me vent. sometimes I tell them "get off my radar"...which seems to be code for "whatever you're doing is bothering me, and you should stop that instantly...and go somewhere you can't be seen or heard."

I'm sure I sound like mother of the year, but sometimes I just need to put some distance between us. They usually just go to their toy room and play for a while...by the time they emerge, I usually feel much better.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Finding things for YOURSELF is the first thing. You can hit, scream, punch, tear, and wreck anything you want to help "relieve" stress, but if you have nothing for yourself those are only temporary reliefs. For example .. For me I have photography, sewing, knitting, and even cleaning to distract me when I need it. When the kids go down for a nap, go to bed, are eating meals, or just playing quietly (It does happen, surprisingly) I take out my knitting, bring out the camera, or sneak away to the laundry room to sew. (Sewing requires them to be in bed) Then I can spend as much time as I can get relaxing and doing something productive at the same time.

When in doubt a good scream might help, though that might scare the kiddos.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Condoms! Just kidding. keep em busy! or if cranky put them in water. My kids always calm down with a warm bath. As for me, I knit and do counted cross stitch like a mad woman. I also have 5 kids so I take tons of pics and spend time editing them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011