How do I get this feeling to go away??

I moved from Indiana to Alabama in June of 2010.... When I did.... I chose to leave my children up in Indiana with my parents so they would be able to go to school without living with other ppl besides me and my husband.... but now.... I have this constant feeling that I am not a good mother and I just want it to go away!!!  We are going to be getting a bigger place soon and then after school is out.... I will be getting them!!!

TupperMonkey

Asked by TupperMonkey at 12:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• It won't go away. Do u see them at all?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Awww, you just miss your kids....You left them in good hands....Know this, and know you made a decision based on what you thought was best....AND, if you want to, you can always change your mind and just go get them....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I haven't seen them since last august.... but I talk to them on the phone all the time.... My parents send me papers from school.... pictures..... I really do miss them.... Thanks!!!!
    TupperMonkey

Comment by TupperMonkey (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If you miss them so much, and they surely are missing you . . . . can you just go and get them now? What is a few months of sharing rooms? Just sign them up to finish at the local district.

Or, you can give them the choice of whether to stay and finish the school year or come with you. At least they will know that they had the option.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I had to do the same thing when I moved from CA to KY for college. You just miss them is all. Once you get the bigger place and bring them home itll go away.

Answer by gemgem at 12:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Why did you go? Job? How old are your kids you left behind? Old enough they should be alright but I couldn't leave my kids if it isn't a good reason.
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 12:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I came here to start a better life and to be close to my husbands family.... but I really love it down here..... My kids are 9 and 4.... Things were really bad in indiana before we left! :(
    TupperMonkey

Comment by TupperMonkey (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'm sure they are well taken care of but I guess I'd understand why you're not with them if I knew why you did. Idk! If you feel they are in good hands its probably just you missing them bc you'r used to them there. More power to you for your choice! :)
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 12:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would just go get them, we had a hard time before and we had to live in a motel for 6 months, but we were all together and we got through it. They can sleep on air mattresses if they have too. there is no way i could be away from my kids.
    Anonymous

• Oh honey! I can only imagine the toll its doin on you. I understand wanting a better life and wanting your children to have their education but how can you have a life without your kids how can they have a life without YOU!?! I'm by all means not judging!
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 12:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011