How do I get grease/oil/dirt out of a pullover?

I have it in the wash now, I used stainlifters and scrubbed most of them out. After this first wash, if there still there what should I use? I don't want to put it in the dryer till most of them are out. Its completely gross, like black grit because he works in a carwash. Any home remedies that'll finish the job? I was thinking baking soda and vinegar, but wouldn't that ruin the color?

dreamcatcher13

Asked by dreamcatcher13 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'd try the baking soda and vineagar....I don't think it will hurt the color...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Oh, I am a huge fan of OxiClean spray. Spray it on the stain, let it sit for 2-5 minutes and then wash. It has worked like a charm on new AND old, stubborn stains. The powder, however, just doesn't do the same thing. . . so don't be tempted.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Dawn - yes, the dish detergent - it has degreasing agents in it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• DON't put it in the dryer if it's not completely out! I use GOOP for these types of stains. My ex was always working on engines. So, I had tons of greasy stains. GOOP is made to take oil and grease off machinery parts and hands. I swear by it in my laundry room! I get mine on the laundry aisle. But, can also be bought i the automotive dept. at Walmart, Target, Auto parts stores, etc.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• GOOP works wonders. my husband is a mechanic and would come home covered in oil and grease i would slather his pants with it before i threw them in the wash and they would come out perfect.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I also have this soap used to get grease off of hands for automotive workers. Maybe that would work on clothes?
    dreamcatcher13

Comment by dreamcatcher13 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have goop!!! Yay, thank you all!
    dreamcatcher13

Comment by dreamcatcher13 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I use OXYCLEAN the powder let it soak . My husband is a mechanic after the oxyclean whatever is left of the stain use M30 Stain remover u can buy at family dollar for a $1 its the same thing mechanics use to clean their hands with found in the laundry section.

diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 12:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• YEA GOOP!!!!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• DAWN!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2011