Should I be hopeful??

My daughter's father hasn't seen her in four years, for reasons not all his own. Just recently he started calling her weekly. I'm so happy and so is she, but I'm almost afraid he will let her down just like my father did when I was her age. Should I be hopeful that he will not be like my father or should I just lower my expectations?

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He is not your father and she is not u. I would talk to the father and warn him not to hurt her!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• This is tough because a apart of me wants to tell you of course, be hopeful.. But you have already been let down with him before as well as your own situation. So its hard to be hopeful sometimes. But I think you need to be for your daughter! Maybe he is coming around and trying to put forth effort! I hope so!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Be cautiously optimistic. I hope it works out for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011